Honey, Cranberry & Orange Compote
I made this tangy compote for a family thanksgiving dinner. I served it on a cheese platter and it was a delicious topping on brie cheese and I topped it with some comb honey. It is also a perfect topping for warm oatmeal, scones, or muffins or an accompaniment to turkey, pork, or chicken.
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 L 1 juice and zest of 1 large fresh orange
1/2 cup liquid honey
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰F (200⁰C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, toss cranberries with orange juice, orange zest and honey.
3. Transfer cranberry mixture to baking sheet. Cover with foil and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool fully. Store in sealed container in the fridge.
5. If desired, sweeten compote further, to taste, with additional honey.
Per serving: 98 calories, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fibre, 2 mg sodium, 0 g fat, 0.5 g protein